Monday’s finally over! Here’s a good cup of Matcha that we all deserve and 5 reasons why Matcha should be your new favourite drink.
- It promotes clarity for the mind and boosts energy without much of a caffeine crash. A cup of warm or iced Matcha in the afternoon will wake you up from the post-lunch slump.
- It’s fun and therapeutic to whisk the Matcha powder till it foams. While I personally prefer using the traditional chasen for that Japanese-y touch, you can easily whisk it with an handheld frother. Always remember to whisk in the motion of the letters M/W!
- Matcha powder can be sprinkled on everything from granolas, overnight oats to vanilla ice-cream…you name it. I was in Japan last November and remember Matcha powder served as a seasoning although I didn’t add it to my meals.
- It makes post-yoga feels extra z-e-n. I know this is superficial but I’m sure it’s true to a certain extend.
- As much as it boosts your energy, it also puts you on a calming state, all thanks to L-Theanine that’s richly found in Matcha.
I love getting my Matcha from Panatea but because they don’t ship directly to Singapore, I’ll have to substitute for other brands available on the shelves when I’m not able to wait for the delivery.
Update: Panatea is now permanently closed.